my first kit

jean1234

hi from canada (quebec) so i speak french, i will do my best in english! loll i play guitar for 8-9 years and want to do something differrents!

i have been reading this forum for over a month and finaly decide to buy my first kit! at frist a want the famous tech 1200 but could not find good ones under 800$ 1000$... a bit pricy for something i'm not sure to love... then i start searching for tt200 and t60-t80 but i was not feeling them... and the seller dosen'ts recomand them... so i find a deal on some numark tt500 and a numark dxmpro mixer with shure m44-7 with flight case at a decent price, i found a lot of good review on them so i've took it!

whent to the record store and buy some vinyls! ( i'm 23 and as far as i can remember it the first time i toutch one loll it a whole new world loll)

so i started reading on scratching and mixing, i'll try to do both and i will find withch i prefere and whant to good at!

do you have any site or dvd to recomand to continue my education ?? loll

and the first question i have to ask is: i bought 8 new vinyls for like 100$ , i'm planing on buying a lot more but when i will have buy like 30 it will be around 350$ spen on record... with 200-250$ i can have traktor scratch or torq use...
will i be missing something starting right off with computer based instead of vinyls??
i think the answers you will give me is go for the roots and go vinyls....

if its roughly the same i'll go computer based first and save money!

tanks a lot for reading and i hope i wasn't to hard! loll

and what do you think of this kit as a first kit??

thanks
j-m

hi from canada (quebec) so i speak french, i will do my best in english! loll i play guitar for 8-9 years and want to do something differrents!

i have been reading this forum for over a month and finaly decide to buy my first kit! at frist a want the famous tech 1200 but could not find good ones under 800$ 1000$... a bit pricy for something i'm not sure to love... then i start searching for tt200 and t60-t80 but i was not feeling them... and the seller dosen'ts recomand them... so i find a deal on some numark tt500 and a numark dxmpro mixer with shure m44-7 with flight case at a decent price, i found a lot of good review on them so i've took it!

whent to the record store and buy some vinyls! ( i'm 23 and as far as i can remember it the first time i toutch one loll it a whole new world loll)

so i started reading on scratching and mixing, i'll try to do both and i will find withch i prefere and whant to good at!

do you have any site or dvd to recomand to continue my education ?? loll

and the first question i have to ask is: i bought 8 new vinyls for like 100$ , i'm planing on buying a lot more but when i will have buy like 30 it will be around 350$ spen on record... with 200-250$ i can have traktor scratch or torq use...
will i be missing something starting right off with computer based instead of vinyls??
i think the answers you will give me is go for the roots and go vinyls....

if its roughly the same i'll go computer based first and save money!

tanks a lot for reading and i hope i wasn't to hard! loll

and what do you think of this kit as a first kit??

thanks
j-m

hey man whats up they always say to start off with vinyls because with tractor and serato you kinda cheat by looking at the waveforms but i deff would just check out you tube videos on how to its all about practice man good luck!

Back