My FIRST House track - Please can I have some feedback?

J operator

Hi all,

This is my first go at making some House. I recorded the vocals using an AKG C414 and the track has been produced in Logic.

Any thoughts/advice you have on the production or composition is very welcome.

Thanks

Jay

This is not bad, I love that female vocal! But it seems like the vocal begs for a backing track that's a bit more anthemic and not quite so dark. I'm also not sure about that main bass sound -- I like that you've thrown a strange harmony into the patch, but it seems like it would work better used more sparingly so that every time it came back it felt like, ah there's the hook.

Anyway, I hope that's helpful, I'm new to the forum and I'm about to post a new track I recorded this week, so I wanted to spend some time first listening to others tracks and get a couple of posts under my belt. Take care.

T

I agree, I did try to get the vocalist back into the studio to record some backing/harmonies but it's quite far for her to travel and nothing came of it in the end.

Thanks for the comments.

I really like this man. I dont listen to much House music, but this sounds good man. It's a fun interesting rhythm you got going. It doesnt get boring, and repetitive. I agree about the vocals, but if you cant get her back thats fine. This is a really good first try man! I think Im gonna give my shot at House Music soon! Your bass could have knocked more, but it's a good bass. Here's my first try at an EDM beat, check it out, and let me know what you think about it!! Thank You!! Keep it up bro!! I look forward to listening to your second try! https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/production-techniques/showcase-your-music-give-receive-feedback/electronic-dance-beat-f4f-100%25-conspicuous-vitality-448942/#post49656559

Thanks very much, yep, vocals and bass could have had a bit more depth I agree, noted for my next track!

I also gave some feedback on your track, nice work.

Back