MV-8800 sampling from juno-g

lilawreebeats

wuzup fp, i just bought my mv-8800 today. i must admit the quality sounds great especially, on the stock sounds, & even when i imported my own drums fro kits i bought. i have a juno-g as well & my question is what would be the best way to get the best quality of my juno before i sample into it? ex. if i do my drums on the 88 then play my keys on the juno live and record it. & out of curiosity, is there some type of preamp inside the MV? this machine applies a little saturation n depth to ur tracks thanks

Are you sequencing on the juno or the mv? I'm not getting it.

Nope there's no preamp on the MV, thats the sound of its converters. Some people say it sounds like an Mpc 3000, but I beg to differ, its the same sample engine as the roland s-series samplers so to me it sounds like a roland s-750, makes sense right?

Last edited:
For sampling into the MV, just make sure you got decent levels, anywhere around -4db is good. Now as far as "quality" goes, uhh it depends on what your idea of quality is. Some guys like using Preamps, DI boxes, Compressors, etc before sampling so read up on those. Although you could get some sort of compression and effects through the MV's mfx section. You could either sample with the effects on or add them later, or you could mess with the effects on your juno, get the "quality" that you like then sample into the MV.

preciate it ive learned that once i do sample into the mv, i then have to normalize and cut off the empty signals, but it has to be perfect or else the sample from the juno will be off a little im using the mv-8800, juno-g, & fruity loops for eqiung

---------- Post added 06-28-2010 at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was 06-25-2010 at 04:10 PM ----------

Are you sequencing on the juno or the mv? I'm not getting it.

Nope there's no preamp on the MV, thats the sound of its converters. Some people say it sounds like an Mpc 3000, but I beg to differ, its the same sample engine as the roland s-series samplers so to me it sounds like a roland s-750, makes sense right?

when you say converters, do you mean sample converters?

Back