MV-8000 Fan Mod

JUKE179r

Expert Crate Digger
Since the internal cooling fan seems to be getting louder and louder with age, I decided to replace it.
On Monday I bought the Silenx Effizio 80mm fan from Fry's Electronics to swap out the older stock fan in my MV8000.
SilenX Corporation - Effizio Quiet Fans
dsc02021le.jpg

Not a bad choice for a $10 fan since it has a 3 year warranty, fluid dynamic bearings, extra quiet (15dBA) and extracts more air (32 cfm) than my stock fan.

I'm getting 12VDC from fan's connector socket pin (red wire) on the circuit board. Just to test out the new fan, I connected it to the internal HD's power connector. It ran fine and even the blue LED shined bright. It's very extremely quiet!
mv8000fanmod.jpg

Now I have to splice wires and secure it with screws to the MV frame. I'll have it completed by Friday along with pictures and/or a movie.<body id="cke_pastebin"> </body>

---------- Post added 01-31-2013 at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-24-2013 at 05:04 AM ----------

Here is the how-to video of how I did the fan mod. It's better seen in 480p FLV. It's my first time editing a video so be kind. :lol:

Roland MV8000 Cooling Fan Mod - YouTube

Last edited:
Back