MPD18 and FL Studio 9 on Windows XP

cmada3rd

I am running Windows XP SP3 and FL Studio 9 XXL Producer Edition. I purchased the Akai MPD18 Compact Pad Controller to start out with this music production thing that I'm trying to get into.

I installed the drivers and software "Akai Professional MPD18 Editor" as instructed in the Quick Start Guide.

I connected the MPD18 to the USB port and my computer recognizes it fine and states that it is "Ready to use".

So I go to open FL Studio 9 and proceed to the MIDI Settings (F10) to enable the MPD18 and I find that my MPD18 is not listed under the "Input" section nor is the MPD18 controller listed in the drop down menu in the same "Input" section.

Furthermore, when I open the software editor "MPD18 Editor.exe." it brings up the screenshot of the MPD18 but there is nothing in the drop-down menu on the opening screen, so I cannot select the MPD18.

So the issue is: in FL Studio 9 or MPD18 Editor, i can not get the MPD18 to be recognized.

Question is: Are there any drivers or software that I can Google (b/c I know it's rare that someone will post a link straight to it) so that I can get FL Studio 9 or MPD18 Editor to recognize the MPD18 on Windows XP?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

***Oh yeah! Not sure if this has any relevance, but I used to run Windows 7 before I decided to put Windows XP back on (had too many underruns in FL Studio using Windows 7) and it was recognized fine in FL Studio and MPD18 Editor.***

its that sp3 package, the real one from windows is worthless, if that is what you used, i suggest u revert to sp2

or else get a gnuine copy

Back