MPC4000 vs ASR-10,X(in terms of effects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbplaya

Hey guys, been doin a ton of research on the net and came to the conclusion that I'm definately going to go ahead and get the MPC 4000. Now I've also been reading that the ASR-10 or X is the greatest sampler in like history and that of course has got me interested. My question is to those who have both or used both extensively. If I got an MPC 4000, would I need to get an ASR rack or X to experience any effects or filters or anything at all not in the MPC 4000, or does the MPC 4000 basically match up in this regard or possibly kick the ASR's ass. Like I said, I've been doing alot of research and I haven't found too much comparing these 2 samplers at all. Should I get an ASR-10 rack or ASR-X to use with the 4000 or should I just be good with the MPC4000?

Oh yeah, keep in mind that I do have keys, so that's why I said "ASR-10 rack", instead of that big ass keyboard, so that is a non-factor.

mpc4000 for many reasons is better
EXCEPT for the effects....i don't know of any sampler with included effects that out does the asr....

...keep in mind we're talking about effects only.....the sequencer, sample editing, not to mention memory on the mpc4000 are light years ahead....

....so what's important to you?....i learned on an asr several years ago but have been using mpc exclusively since then....i use a 4k and the effects don't inspire too much.....for me that's no big deal--i'd still rather use the mpc4k...it does so much more and sounds so good.

... however, a friend of mine just bought an mpc1000 and sequences with it but he still uses his asr for the effects(he samples with the asr, effects them and runs them to the mpc)....

....it all depends on how you want to make music....good luck

just create ur beat wit da mpc w/out effects, then track it out on ur d.a.w and add effects at mixdown. u dont have to add effects during pre-production.

let me say first of that my first piece of gear was the mpc2000 and i took it back and got the asrx.
the asr-x has built-in effects,it samples,it resamples,plus it has sounds built-in,it sequences,it loads .wav files and is compatible with asr10 and eps16 sounds as well as akai s1000 and roland sound too.
my experience with the asr-x is for the money it cant be touched.
the effects are killer!
the delays and reverbs in this unit along are worth the price of one.
the thing about ensoniq effects is that they sound natural while roland and yamaha and akais effects dont.
the asrx effects are based on the DP2 effect processor and the asr10's effects are based on the DP4's.
the asrx has 20 bit analog to digital converters versus 16 for the asr10.
the asrx has 40 high quality effects built in such as EQ,GATING,COMPRESSION,DELAYS,AMP SIMULATIONS,DISTORTIONS,HALL REVERBS AND NON-LINEAR REVERBS(good for get your drums to sound very 80's).
No unit out there can .... with ensoniq when it comes to effects.
i sold my black asrx to a dude and showed him what it could do and he was amazed.
most people dont know how to use these machines but i do.

another thing:having outboard effects is fine but its always better having effects built in.
you have to deal with noise issues and such when deling with outboard.
trust me.........the asrx is the most slept on sampler ever!
by the way........im getting another asrx!
peace!!

the sound library for this sampler is deep!
go to asrxcite and find out.

What up,i have got the asr 10 in keyboard form and the effects are probably the best effects u can get. It also matter what type of music your making.if its hip hop look at all the classic people who used them, havoc,timbaland,kanye,jake one,rza etc.if its only effects ur talking about mpc wont come close to the effects on the asr 10,its too user friendly

why are people yapping in a 6 year old thread. Its been almost 7 years actually the guy dont even post here no more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back