mpc4000 users(do they exist?)

deegood

Trying to get some input on those 4k joints. Does anyone know why everyones selling theirs? Are they pieces of (bleeeep)? Do they require too much to operate? Crash too much? Or just in the wrong hand? Help a brother out yall! I need this one. Peace

I got the 4000 off ebay for $2k and so far I'm glad I did. It does have a good punch to it. Don't have the 8 outs but I don't really need them. Finding different stuff everyday. When I try to play the sequencer in sample mode I get a hi speed lo fi drum pattern or something weird. Really no complaints other than that. I traded my 1k in for an asr10 just to get my first love back. And I have the motif es8 all connected to reason and protools. Anyway thanks for all the nfo any good tips or questions holler at me.

go to a music studio and rent time so you can actually sit and make a beat on it. studios around here charge about 40-50/hour but it is money well spent if you ask me when youre making a 1500-2000 purchase. I use the 4000 in the studio and i love it, ill put a brief camera-phone vid up like tomorrow showing myself, my partner, and our engineer working on a track with one.

I used to own the Mpc4000 is was a great machine i knew how to convert Sampletank patches to akaiS5000 Format and rock them all in the mpc4000 it was the **** ...but i was like man for the price of this unit i can have so much more so i sold it bought a Mpc1000BK ,ASR-10,Korg Triton Rack...

then sold that and bought a Akai mpc2000xl SE3 and a Roland XV-3080

I Liked the 4000 but the mpc2000xl feels better to me..well my Se-3 with black pads and chrome case man this mpc looks amazing in person...its easy to master...

the 4000 is Real tight but it was my one and only peice so i had to sell to get a more compleat set up

That's a beautiful thing to get 3 nice pieces out of 1 and be satisfied. The 1k with jj os is real nice. I just wanted a bigger box and a large hd with all the latest tech. The 3000le still won't leave my mind but that's another story. I'll feeling this 4 is the best of the best and I'm loving it like Little Brother!!!!! Send some tips! Peace

Yeah as a 4k user I know its the best. You don't have to do much to get your drums to knock. I have actually really gotten into sampling drums since I moved onto a 4k. THey just knock as soon as you sample them and run them through a few of the 4k's numerous filter envenlops and resample them.

I'm making a commitment to stick with what I have and stop switching for the sake of hype. I do believe you can damn near do what you want with whatever. It's really all for the love of music and the creation of it. This is an addiction I don't mind having! The motif es8 and mpc4000. The final frontier!!!

I'm wondering if there is any difference in the 4k plus other than the 8 outs and other expansions. The blue didn't look appealing at first but it does now ,now that I know what it can do. Nothing wrong with the white one I have , just wondering. The blue was on back order from akai so I would like to know if it has some new features. I like it so much I might get a custom paint job on it.

Last edited:
nothing is different on the blue beside the paint job. The 8 outs are a must. I had a chace to buy the adat and passed them up. As soon as they are avail again I will buy them

Are the 8 outs just for mixing? Is there anything you don't like about the 4k? Do you mean sample drums from records and disc or actual drumsets? Do you sample bass for basslines and strings and things too? Are the filters the same or better than the 3k do you know? Ok that's all the q's for now. Thanks

I use the 8 outs to make a track. I use the external effects on my HD recorder, so those outs are essential. I got guitar amp simulators and distortion pedels I like to use on my DRUMS bass, and samples. So having those 8 outs I can send different levels to stuff without 1 effect over the entier mix. I went to using my 1k for a while because it had 6 outs standard compared to the 2 on the 4k without the 8 output board.
The filters on the 4k are not the best in the world, but it has some odd filter types that make your drums bang hard. I'm still learning how to mix the filters in with my samples, but its a few for drums that make them smack hard. I sample everything. I have a keyboard but I barley use it.

I'm communicating with my blackberry (no video). No home internet yet so I can't watch the demos until I go to my partners. Thanks though. Bhunt, good lookin on the input.

mpc 4000 question anyone.

Which is better to have the mpc 4000 adat card or the analog 8 output card installed? Thanks all

Back