MPC2000xl sync to Pro Tools

buzina8

Hello all,

Few days ago I bought me a MPC2000xl without the EB16-card(effect-card). I want to know now before I decide to buy it. Is it possible to use realtime EQ, Compression etc in Pro Tools when I sync the MPC ? I want to use the MPC as a master.

All I want is hitting the pads on the MPC and EQ in PT, and record as usual on the MPC.
Is it possible, how? what do I need more ? I have Pro Tools and a MIDI Interface (Fast Track C400)

Please let me now. Thanks !

Yes, you can monitor the MPC's output in Pro Tools and EQ that signal, but that will not effect any sound actually in the MPC, only the signal feeding into you C400 and into Pro Tools. If you don't want to spend the $300+ for the EB16 card you'll be better off just recording everything into Pro Tools and doing your EQing, compressing, etc. there. Even with the effect card for the MPC you only have two effects effects instances (don't quote me on that as I don't have the effect card either, but I'm sure that's accurate), which won't be very useful if you're planning on using multiple effect setting for different sounds.

If you have lots of outputs on your MPC and lots of inputs on your audio interface you can actually run the MPC through more effects than you can get using just the EB16.

If you have lots of outputs on your MPC and lots of inputs on your audio interface you can actually run the MPC through more effects than you can get using just the EB16.

This is true too. But even still, if you're (original poster) just going to end up recording and tracking everything out in Pro Tools anyway, which I'm sure is your reason for having it, you may as well just bypass the EB16 and do all of your effect processing in Pro Tools. Unless there's something on the EB16 that you don't think you can replicate in Pro Tools.

Back