MPC1000 & Reason 3.0

kebeats

I just installed Reason 3.0 & made a quick (throwaway) beat.. MPC1000_Reason3.mp3 - DivShare .. MPC1000_Reason3.mp3 ..You might want to take a listen since this is kind of long.. I'm not that experienced with it but I know how to use it as a sound module. Everytime I press "Play Start" on my MPC the sound from Reason is horrific (couldn't think of a better word), so I just press "Play" instead. When I open FL9/10 I have to click "Rescan Midi Devices" everytime before I press play on the MPC/FL or it'll freeze up. When I use LUXONIX Purity as a sound module random notes will hit at random times. I'm thinking these problems could be my cheap MIDI USB interface? I honestly don't got the extra $50 for an M-Audio Uno & you can imagine how pissed I'd be if the same problems occured. I also got an M-Audio Delta 1010 w/out the breakout cable so all I can use is the S/PDIF ports through my MPC1000. Which is only 44.1kHz & my latency is at 384 samples (9ms). I get crackling here & there depending on how many VSTs I'm running or how many sounds I got in Reason, but I'm really not trying to push it over 10ms. Just so no one has to ask, yes I'm using the ASIO drivers. My PC has 760MB RAM, but I'll be upgrading to 2GB either today or in the next couple of days. Of course Idk how big of a difference it will make until it gets here. I guess if you were looking for a question to answer here it would be, "How do you trackout sounds from Reason when all the midi is coming from my MPC?" Right now I just record everything in the MPC. I can't use the IN & OUT of my soundcard at the same time, so that's not an option. & do you think the RAM upgrade will solve my "crackling" issue? I'm not the type of person to let all this BS stop me from making music. & to all the FL Studio haters, turn me into a Reason user lol..

If your running a single core processor then that might be whats wrong. I know when I first got my mpc 1000 I was trying to run reason with it and my processor was a single core and there would be tons of latency. Ram is fine but you wont be able to load up alot of devices tho.

If your running a single core processor then that might be whats wrong. I know when I first got my mpc 1000 I was trying to run reason with it and my processor was a single core and there would be tons of latency. Ram is fine but you wont be able to load up alot of devices tho.

Thanks for the reply. Idk much on the topic. Would it be possible to upgrade or would I be better off gettin a new computer?

Idek bruh, & I can't even find out online I just Googled & checked like 3 sites. I just ain't got the money right now.. I have a Compaq Presario SR1420NX I bought off this whiteboy I used to serve for like $40. My other computer had stopped working so I had to get what I could, or else I wouldn't be workin on music for awhile. Except for on my MPC obviously. At one point I actually sampled VSTs & made what I called 'Instrument PGMs' for the MPC1000 lol. I look back at it now like I wasted so much fukn time doin that sh!t. But that's the past.. Also I upgraded the RAM to 1.49GB & put in an M-Audio Delta 1010 soundcard.

Back