MPC1000 mixing question

turtle

Hello..

Ive put in a lot of hours on the mpc now.. and i feel im getting more relaxed with the device.. but do mpc users usually mix the beat in the mpc? or on a computer? see, ive tried mixing it on the mpc, but i cant seem to get a good result.. it sounds empty, hollow sort of.. i know some of you get what im sayin here..

heniways, ive also tried compressing it as a wav-file and mixing it on my computer, the result sounds a bit more right, i guess.. but still.. not what i wished for.. not at all something i could pass along to rappers..

if mixing it on the computer is the deal, what is the best way of getting the unmixed beat there?

i have mpc1000 and from my rapper days ive got a mixer laying around, an m-audio mobilePRE usb soundcard and a comp16 compressor.. i also have a small midi-device to usb i could use..

can any of these things help my mix in any way? in a few days i will be getting monitors, i feel my beatskills are getting to a good point, and i really wanna consentrate on getting my mixes as good as possible..

Back