MPC vs. MPD for Logic

G

guardadomusic

which one is more appropriate to use with logic? thanks

Either. Depends on your workflow. I know ppl who use their MPC w/ Logic & I know there's ppl who use the MPD. If you strictly ITB, then the MPD. I feel like you can't go wrong with an MPC.. It's the man not the machine.

i know it's not the machine, that's not what i'm asking tho..
i'm not asking which one will make my beats better, i'm asking which one is more compatible with logic..
since an mpd is a controller is an mpc is more standalone

hmm..not too sure how that gives the mpd the advantage

hmm..not too sure how that gives the mpd the advantage

It doesn't.. The MPC is better hands down. You're bound to run into more problems with the MPC/Logic than with the MPD/Logic. The MPC can be used as a midi controller as well. The only thing the MPD has over the MPC is the faders & knobs. Like I said, it depends on your workflow. There's going to be Logic users ITB that have never used an MPC saying MPD. They may have never even used an MPD! Just be aware that if you grab an MPC it would be another tool you would have to learn. Like I said, you can't go wrong with an MPC..

I strongly believe that if ur gonna buy an MPC it should be the center of your studio, or at least damn near the center. Otherwise its a waste of money. If your sampled drums are .wav, and you'll pretty much just be triggering them in logics sequencer with whatever software sampler ur gonna use (if logic has a builtin one or if u use a third party like poise or something), then get an MPD.

However, if you're going to take advantage of the MPCs sequencer as u work, then grab the MPC.

Do NOT get an MPC and use it as just a midi controller. Waste of money. If u don't like the MPD pads, check out a korg pad kontrol, those r said to have the most sensitive pads on the market.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

I wouldn't worry about the "compatability" issue. Everything is pretty much "compatible" with everything nowadays. Its mainly a matter of the workflow. Ie, with an MPC I believe ur tracking the audio into logic, whereas the mpd triggers the sound within logics sequencer. Same sound, just different sources and different workflows.

The only things really "Made for" particular DAWs are things like an APC for ableton or Maschine for its software. Don't worry about compatability. U can get anything to pretty much work with anything if u read the manual

I strongly believe that if ur gonna buy an MPC it should be the center of your studio, or at least damn near the center. Otherwise its a waste of money. If your sampled drums are .wav, and you'll pretty much just be triggering them in logics sequencer with whatever software sampler ur gonna use (if logic has a builtin one or if u use a third party like poise or something), then get an MPD.

However, if you're going to take advantage of the MPCs sequencer as u work, then grab the MPC.

Do NOT get an MPC and use it as just a midi controller. Waste of money. If u don't like the MPD pads, check out a korg pad kontrol, those r said to have the most sensitive pads on the market.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

I wouldn't worry about the "compatability" issue. Everything is pretty much "compatible" with everything nowadays. Its mainly a matter of the workflow. Ie, with an MPC I believe ur tracking the audio into logic, whereas the mpd triggers the sound within logics sequencer. Same sound, just different sources and different workflows.

The only things really "Made for" particular DAWs are things like an APC for ableton or Maschine for its software. Don't worry about compatability. U can get anything to pretty much work with anything if u read the manual

thanks, your post really me helped a lot..i appreciate it

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

@ke your answers were kinda vague and didn't really have enough info to make a decision..thanks tho

Last edited by a moderator:
Back