MPC Studio - second edition to the new MPC line

BIGpun4EVER

So we'v seen the new "MPC RENAISSANCE", now they have the "MPC Studio", I like the look of this one better than the Ren module. Plus this would be better for people who dont need the interface that's attached to the Ren. If they could make one just as slim as the "Studio" version but all hardware no computer needed that would be dope. Still looks pretty cool, as far as i can judge right now is the looks. We'll see how the software works when they release this thing. Introducing the next generation of Akai Pro MPC

I like it..
software reminds me a little bit of Fxpansion Giest from what I have seen in the screen shots
looks like it has a quick work flow..

I will definitely be selling my modded akai mpd24 for this .....so anyone in the market for a 24?

tumblr_lojul1hoB91qgzuxc.jpg

I think im in love, lol!
Hopefully they gonna realese it before this summer, cuz im taking a break from life of a star [LOL] and move to my secret crib [how it sounds lol] for 1 month, which is placed like 1000miles from where I live right now and I got no internet, no tv etc. there. Atleast im gonna make beats with that.

Attachments

• tumblr_lojul1hoB91qgzuxc.jpg
    tumblr_lojul1hoB91qgzuxc.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 228
I like it..
software reminds me a little bit of Fxpansion Giest from what I have seen in the screen shots
looks like it has a quick work flow..

I was thinking Guru when I saw it. Didn't realize it was replaced by Geist. I never liked it. Nothing wrong with it just not for me. The more models I see advertised the less I think the Renaissance is going to be anywhere near a price I'd wanna pay. I'm happy with Maschine so maybe it will make for cheaper second hands mpcs and I can snag one finally.

Looks cool, but i still don't see any reason to sell my padKontrol and run out and buy one. Than again I have never really got into chopping up samples, I just use my padKontrol with Poise for drums.

I would love to have storage inside the unit. A 32 gig storage space or something. And the software to be inside the mpc studio hardware so if I go to someone else's studio and hook up the mpc studio, all of my stuff is inside of the hardware. Now that would be dope. Never having to save sessions on someone's computer. When it's done, unplug and go.

I got a good laugh from this video because I was thinking the same as this guy. My complaint is for the price of beat thang for it being primitive to me. For $600 it;'s worth it. But I would rather go with Beat Thang.

Last edited:
Haha funny video 901_Rice_Street.
4:44 to 5:42 should be a commercial for the Beat Thang.

Here is the price. $599
Akai Professional MPC Studio | Sweetwater.com

Not bad considering I paid $350 for the MPC 32 with no Full version DAW software or 6 gigs of sounds. It did come with a BFD lite, Live lite. They still don't say anything about the included software. I would probably go with Maschine over this. But then again, I heard the Machine still is unable to timestretch. Not sure thought.

Back