MPC 4000 with Reason

thedrumknockerz

for some reason (ha, no pun intended) I've tried to hook up the MPC 4k to trigger sounds in reason and I cant do it. When I had it all hooked up to the MPC 2Kxl, it worked like a charm. All I had to do was load my preset program and sequence & I was all set.

I'm thinking the hook up should generally be the same as outlined in the MPC to logic tutorial but alas...no dice.

FYI, I'm running an MPC 4k fully blown (fx, adat, 8 out, 100g hd, 512 ram), MacBook 2.6 4g ram 250 7200hd internal, Glyph 500Q hd external, M-Audio FW410, M-Audio Oxygen 8v2, Record+Reason 4

...and while u guys and girls are at it, how do I save sounds within a folder without them being just willy-nilly in the hard drive. I'm a manual guy and it's just too general.

I guess with much power comes much responsibility; and this machine is capable of waaaaay more than my other baby so I just need to be in the know. Thanks!!!!

---------- Post added 08-02-2010 at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was 07-30-2010 at 12:26 PM ----------

The answer was given to me through direction at the nice folks over at the mpc forums...thanks guys; for everything.

Last edited:
Back