MPC 2k Classic and Reason MIDI

willybeeman

So when i try and record reason sounds in the MPC sequencer I can only get one track to record. Like if i open up a NNXT, attach the cables to the first 2 outputs on the MIDI hardware interface and select channel 1 then i can record a track with that NNXT patch. the problem starts when i try and open up a new module in reason. I open it up connect the cables to 3-4, select the new module in the proper MIDI channel in reason, create a new trck on the MPC (set to MIDI 1A) and i dont get any sound. Also the correct channel is being triggered on the MIDI interface in reason just no sound. What the hell?? anyone have this problem?

thanks

If you're sequencing on the mpc, you'll need to transmit midi data for all reason instruments at all times. (Think of it as the mpc "playing" reason like an instrument)

Don't use a master keyboard in reason- this is set up in options - midi.

To get midi to your reason instruments, you'll have to configure the hardware interface at the top of the rack. You'll see channel 1, route this to the first instrument you want to control, MIDI 1A on the mpc will be sending midi to this instrument.

When you create a second instrument, route channel 2 of the hardware interface to this instrument. MIDI 2A on the mpc will be sending midi to this instrument.

You can do this with up to 16 instruments on 1 output from the mpc. If you want to use more, you'd have a second midi cable coming in to reason, hardware interface bus to 'B' and MIDI 1B, 2B etc. on the mpc would control these instruments.

Let me know if this helps.

appreciate the reply. I did get that far with it but the problem is when i try and set up another instrument wired to any output after 1 and 2 i get no sound

---------- Post added at 06:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 AM ----------

Nevermind figured it out.. problem was i wasent running it through a reason mixer. I guess only the 1 and 2 outputs on the midi interface will transport sound cause theres only one midi cable. all intruments have to be roouted through a mixer

Back