Mpc 2500

majkel008

Yo
I got a hard question ( or maybe not )

If i got two technics sl-1210 and i connect them via Vestax PMC 05 to my sound interface - m-audio profire 610 (plug in line input).
And i connect my MPC 2500 also to profire 610 ( midi )

Additionally:
Then from m-audio profire via firewire to PC
And also i will plug in my studio monitors ( in line output )

When it is all set up like this will i be able to record samples from my turntables to mpc ??? or do i have to connect a turntable directly to my mpc???

PS.

I didn't buy yet non of this equipment but I got my money saved and now im looking for the best set up that I can buy for a producer/Dj so if you have any advices on connecting it all together I will be happy to read them.

Last edited:
Hey Majkel008.. Im using a MPC 2500 SE Got the 1210's aswell.. And a m-audio firewire 410..

regarding your question, i dont think so!..

Any way what I would do im not saying this is the best way, but what I would do!..

I would hook my 1210's to the mixer and from the mixers out too the mpc's record in.. then you be able to record in real time from your records..

You can also hook it up like you said and then record from your records in a sequencer( Cubase, Protools, reaper etc.) and then via usb connect( only newer mpc's including 2500) simply move the sounds too your compact flash card or harddisk..

so is there a way of connecting everything that will allow me to record samples straight to the mpc but without connecting turntables straight to the mpc? Becouse i want to be able to scratch and do other stuff on turntables without turning on my Mpc and Computer and i know that if i connect them to profire 610 (and profire is connected with studio monitors) i will be able to do it but without option to record samples straight to the mpc.

PS.
Sorry for my english I am from europe.

Yea, in that situation you wouldn't be able to record direct to the MPC, you'd have to record it to a WAV in the computer than file transfer it to the MPC.

Honestly you're not losing much wiring it Turntables->MPC->FW interface.

You would have to turn on the MPC to play the turntables. No matter what you do with your setup it sounds like you'll have to turn on the computer to get any audio out. The MPC takes 10 seconds to boot up and has Input-Thru that will pass any audio recieved directly out.

Correct me if I'm wrong about you having to turn on the computer with that FW interface.

Back