Mpc 2000 XL

XxMedisinxX

Registered Abuser
how many minutes exactly is 32 mb?
im waiting on my tax refund to buy one off of ebay.

and what exactly does it mean if it has the zip drive installed?

and how does scsi work?

sorry ive only worked with the newer ones ive had the 1000 and 2500 and i sold them both, they just feel really cheap.

im also going to mention that im buiyng the eb-16 efx card and also ive found a akai ib304 F pro filter board.

Unlocks the 2nd Filter & 3rd Envelope Generator.

has anyone ever owned one of these or installed them in their 2000's or XL?

thanks

First off, I've owned both the 2000xl and the 2500, the 2000xl doesn't feel any less "cheap", but you can get one if it helps you sleep at night.

2000's have either a floppy or a zip disk drive, this is what you use to load your samples onto the RAM. Zips are more than 50x larger than floppies, they are also more reliable and less likely to demagnitize. SCSI is used to attach peripherals like a cd or hard drive.

so im getting a 2000 xl with 32 mb ram and 100mb zip drive installed.

so do i have to turn the mpc on with the start up disc in order to load the os everytime??

i just wanna learn as much as possible about this thing before i buy it

Might as well get a Card Reader for it. You can get a $10 1gb card with it(helluvalot more than 32 megs). If you have no idea what I'm talkin about.. check mpc2000xl.com and mpcstuff.com

Good luck

Might as well get a Card Reader for it. You can get a $10 1gb card with it(helluvalot more than 32 megs). If you have no idea what I'm talkin about.. check mpc2000xl.com and mpcstuff.com

Yea but he'll still have only 32MB of RAM. Hey Medisin. How much are you buying the MPC2000XL for?

Last edited:
i was thinking about copping the asr-x to sample into then send the outs into my mpc, i wanna use the fx..i found an asr-x for 55 bux..anyone using these 2 together?

thanks.

I would say wait to get one that at least has the effects card if your gonna drop $550 you can get a 2kxl for so cheap now.....
the fx are not that great but they do make things alot easier. especially if it's your main piece of gear. as for using compact flash. or sd yeah I would say thats a good idea (you can alwasy hook up a cheap scsi zip if a friend with a regular mpc wants to bring his disks over)

I would say wait to get one that at least has the effects card if your gonna drop $550 you can get a 2kxl for so cheap now.....
the fx are not that great but they do make things alot easier. especially if it's your main piece of gear. as for using compact flash. or sd yeah I would say thats a good idea (you can alwasy hook up a cheap scsi zip if a friend with a regular mpc wants to bring his disks over)

yeah im kinda glad i havent gotten the money yet, cuz new ones just keep poppin up, and yeah i really wanna find one with the Fx card already in it, instead of paying almost 300 bux for one.

does yours have the fx card wattz? and where are you located?

Yeah, it has it in already. 8 outs max RAM. But I've always run it off of SCSI. My next upgrade woulda been a card reader but a 1000 fell into my hands, get this, for 30 bucks at a pawn shop because thay thought it broke...

I don't see the point in the FX card, I've used ones with it before, you're better off just getting a real effects unit.

I don't see the point in the FX card, I've used ones with it before, you're better off just getting a real effects unit.

is the ensoniq dp4 any good? what else is out there, im looking for phasers choruses,things of that nature.

thanks.

Back