MPC 2000, 2000xl or 500? Or maybe NI Maschine Micro?

M

Mdkw

Hi!
I know there are few threads like this one but I'd like to get Your opinions on the question I asked in the title.

If You could right now buy MPC in the price range of 2000,2000xl or 500 then what MPC would You choose and WHY?
I can get one of them and I can't really choose.

I need something to make beats while I'm not at home. Like when I'm in hotel or somewhere else. Never on go.
I was thinking about 2000 or 2000xl beacuse I love vintage stuff [vintage clothes not] and they got the waveform chopping, so I could chop the samples while Im not at home. BUT Im gonna always have my laptop with my so Im wondering if it wouldnt be better if I'd just chop samples on the computer.
If I would chop them on the computer then I could just buy 500. But somehow i got the feeling that mpc 500 is just a toy, lol. it doesnt look like proper device to me.
And i read somewhere that 500 and 1000 is even worse than 2000 :o

What would You in this price range buy? Used MPC 2000, 2000xl or 500? Or maybe maschine micro?

Im always able to get into the studio anytime I want, but in all of the studios I can get it, they dont have a sampler.

If you're goin to chop on the computer you might as well not even get one lol.. I don't see why you left the 1000 out? It seems pretty obvious to me either the 2000XL or 1000.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Oh yeah I forgot WHY lol.. USB & with JJ OS (even the free one) it's damn near a 2500.

I left 1000 out beacuse the price of mpc 1000 is almost 2 times higher than 500 or 2000. And used costs more than I can get.

I left 1000 out beacuse the price of mpc 1000 is almost 2 times higher than 500 or 2000. And used costs more than I can get.

Idk how you can get the XL then.. They're both around the same price it just depends where you lookin. Just be aware of the upgrades for whatever one you're thinkin about gettin.

Idk how you can get the XL then.. They're both around the same price it just depends where you lookin. Just be aware of the upgrades for whatever one you're thinkin about gettin.

XL costs 460$, 1000 costs 750$. The price is almsot 2 times higher. For the new equipment there are alot of taxes n shit, thats why it got always higher price than in USA :|
I need something to work on and to be able to produce whole beats but Im kind of tired of computer itself. Im working with the computer waaaaay too long, so You know.

Thank You both :)

XL costs 460$, 1000 costs 750$. The price is almsot 2 times higher. For the new equipment there are alot of taxes n shit, thats why it got always higher price than in USA :|
I need something to work on and to be able to produce whole beats but Im kind of tired of computer itself. Im working with the computer waaaaay too long, so You know.

Thank You both :)
get maschine. the software works with the controller so you dont really use the mouse like that. You can make full beats, use vst's, sample, chop samples ect...

Last edited:
Back