MPC 1000 Pad issues. 1st time user.

ramangill

OK, so like many people here told me to I have been plugging away on the MPC 1000 and this tutorial from this site at http://www.mpc-samples.com and first off, let me say that who ever wrote it...AMAZING. For all the noobs like me out there...this is a must have. This manual makes things very easy to understand!

So here is my issue and I think many people on other forums have had the same issue and maybe on here as well. My pads are very stiff and to be honest, after a while they take a toll on your fingers. I have read several postings here and on Akai Forums of people upgrading pads to softer kind and that are more reliable and forgiving on your hands. Anyone know where I can get them and how to do them? I have checked on EBay but only came accross one guy who sells pads for Akai but not the 1000 model. I am starting to think my pads just suck!!!. I have a Axiom 25 next to me and the pads on them are very nice and soft and it makes it nice to use. It would be nice to use something similair. Oh yeah, I have the Blue/Red edition.

Also yesterday, when I try and record a sequence, and I am trying to following along with the metronome , I really have to hit the pad hard or press down really hard in order to get the sound out...and sometimes it will hit it twice or nothing at all or even it will be off beat...which then becomes really annoying cause you know it is the pads that are giving you a hard time. ahhhhhhh!!!! My friend got a MPC 1000 online as well, a used one, and he was lucky in that it came with the JJ OS V1 and it had the pad upgrades. He has only been using it for 4 months but when I feel his pads, man they are much more softer and it is much easier to record and keep on track with the beat with it.

Any help on hese issues is much appreciated!

when i bought my mpc the person i got it from had pad problems...you had to press really hard to even get a sound. so, i took it apart to find out that the sensor, or whatever you call it had come unglued from the actual pads...i glued some tin foil on there and it worked until the glued faild again. i sent it off for repair and when it came back the pads werent softer, but a hel of a lot more responsive so i didnt have to bang my fingers to get it to really POP like i wanted. so, i dont think that helps you very much but i thought id share...

stiff mpc 1000 pads

I'm having the same issues. I also have the blue/red one. Did you figure out a resolution for your problems. If so please share
Thanks

Back