Mpc 1000 or MV-8800???

LondonUK

I'm new to this forum and haven't really posted, i know there's alot of these kinda threads going round but i had to make one myself to ask what i needed.

i have a chance to buy an MPC 1000 for £400

or

a MV-8800 for around £300

both second hand but pretty good prices i thought, oh and I've never touched a piece of kit like this before i just want to try something new and see if its for me, so im a beginner.

I use fruity loops atm and make rap/hiphop

if you could let me know what you think that would be great

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

by the way i was going to pick up a mpd32 but found these.

That is a great price for an MV-8800. The 1000 is a great piece also. It all comes down to what you need. The MV is a full on workstation and requires no computer at all, and the MPC is only a sequencer and sampler, meaning you'd need to use a daw along side of it. If you get the mpc make sure to upgrade to jjos.

The MV has a slight learning curve, and the MPC is more user friendly initially. The MV is the new boy on the block, and the MPC has a 20 plus year heritage so you know it stood the test of time. Having owning both machines, I'd tell you that if you invest some time learning the MV, you'd see there's no other machine like it.

I personally recommend the MV, it has the most advanced sequencer and editor I've seen in hardware to date, and you'd get way more for your money, especially being that it's 300euros. Read the online manuals for both machines and justify by the features, which one suits you best.

i really dont know what one i should buy lol, i really like the whole you done have to use a daw with the mv-8800 but then again sometimes i do like my fruity loops....is there anyway you can hook it up to fruity loops? the learning curve kinda puts me off as I'm still learning how to do basic things....but i know 280 - 300 is good for that kinda product

Yeah you could hook the MV up to any Daw via midi. The learning curve is not that bad, you'd get going in a few minutes after watching the quick start dvd (you could also find it on youtube) . But what I'm saying is that the MV has so much features, even within a year you'd be finding something new, or new uses for it. Like recently I just found out that it could dither up to 24bit.

The 1000 is not a bad piece either, especially if you get jjos, it's much more simple and you do get a decent amount of features. I don't see you going wrong with neither one.

Back