MOTU PCI-324 on Windows 7

actyourrage

I just finally got around to upgrading to Windows 7. I have an Intel Core2Quad Q6000, an ASUS P5W64 WS Professional mobo and DDR-2 PC6400 RAM (2GB, shortly to be upgraded to 8 GB), basically a 64 bit system. Using XP meant I wasn't using my system as 64 bit, but now I am. But there's a major issue which was holding me back, that I thought would be OK, but is now a major problem.

My soundcard is a MOTU 2408 MK1. It uses the old PCI-324 card, which isn't supported in 64 bit systems. I felt this was enough to not bother, until I read this thread, saying it would work if I did it manually:

[Not allowed to post links, but it's a thread on this forum. Can't think how to describe it so people can search for it. It's called "Should I buy a MOTU 2408 mkII w/PCI 324 card for $100 or a New PCI card", the post in question is #6]

I download the set-up file (RAR) from the MOTU site and after some problems with the set-up running in the background (meaning that for some reason the installer software didn't show up until I came to shutdown my PC), found both files the guy in that thread is referring to and put them in a folder on their own.

Now, when trying to update my drivers for "Multimedia Audio Controller" (which is what Windows calls the MOTU until drivers are installed) and pointing it to search the folder with those files in, it says it can't find any drivers.

So I'm stuck, really stuck. I've upgraded my PC seemingly to have my soundcard unusable. As anyone who produces can imagine, loosing the use of your soundcard renders everything else pointless. So I'm really annoyed and pissed off by this, and need to find a solution ASAP, which I know is possible as others have managed it (unless the guy in that thread is a maniac or a liar, which I doubt).

So I'm pleading for help. Anyone who has any suggestions, I am willing to follow them to the letter if possible and describe in as much detail as needed what is going wrong and why.

Also, I know the card is old and dated, but I don't have the money to go buying a new soundcard. It works just as well as units costing several hundred quid or more, or at least it did until I upgraded to Windows 7.

Cheers

Back