motu 2408mk2-pcie-424 -the audiowire driver was not found(18) pease help

zaksplit

I bought new PCIe-424 card but there is a problem.I use windows 7 ultimate -64 bit.After I install drivers, when i start motu console it tells me--the audiowire driver was not found(18).In device manager motu icon dose not appear at all.I have reinstalled drivers few times but the problem stays.Does anybody have any idea how to solve the problem
regards zak

Hello Zak,

I got the same problem that you do, but I can't really solve it. What I do, is to install everything. I uninstall the card from my pc, clear the drivers and do all the steps again. But this is a PAIN IN THE BACK, and I can't accept that MOTU can fix it. I'm looking in other foruns, and there's a great number of people with the same problem.

If I got to figure out how to solve this, I post it here

Cheers from Brazil
Daniel White

If they are anything like the PCI 423, then installation is very particular.

WIth the 423, you had to install the drivers before physically installing the actual card. Then, you have to install the actual card and the rest should work on its own.

First thing I'd do is read the directions for your driver installation. I'd guess the 424e has a similar installation quirk. Plus, I'd take the opportunity to try a different pcie slot in case you seated the card wrong.

edit: Another thing. With my 423, I HAVE to configure my devices or else I get the same message that there are no devices installed. So you have to access the motu configuration to tell it which IO box you want, and how you want to configure it. So I have 2 2408MKII's and as you know, they can be used with adat, analog, tdif, etc... You have to select at least one or else it'll be like nothing is installed. The PCI card does nothing without a box configured.

Last edited:
Hello Sleepy!

I've done the install just the way MOTU tells to do, first install the driver without the card plugged to the pc, then shut it down, put the card on, and power on, but anyway, I keep receiving this message.

But I got to solve the problem, I just put my BIOS setup to enable the Firewire in the motherboard. Yes, I know that the 424 is not a Firewire card, but anyway, IT WORKED! hehehe

Thanks for the reply and all the help.

Wow, very weird. Thanks for posting back. I actually disable firewire but I plan to pick up a 424 card since I want to go x64 so good to know about this. Glad you got that figured out.

Hello Sleepy!

I've done the install just the way MOTU tells to do, first install the driver without the card plugged to the pc, then shut it down, put the card on, and power on, but anyway, I keep receiving this message.

But I got to solve the problem, I just put my BIOS setup to enable the Firewire in the motherboard. Yes, I know that the 424 is not a Firewire card, but anyway, IT WORKED! hehehe

Thanks for the reply and all the help.

Please tell what did you do to solve pcie-424 problem.I dont have firewire on my motherboard
zak

Hello Zaksplit, I don't solve it, it begin to get me the same error message again! This is hell on earth, and the guys at MOTU simply doesn't even read my techlink/complain over there. More than a month ago, I posted at the tech support of MOTU, but they didn't even read my message.

I don't know how to solve this, and I got a very big project coming, and I need to make it work. If you know how to solve this, I accept any help!

Thanks dudes!

---------- Post added 05-19-2011 at 06:32 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-10-2011 at 02:17 PM ----------

Hey Zaksplit

What is the date of manufacture of your PCI 424? I'm searching this, and many of the people who has the same problem as us, got the 2002 old cards.

Cheers!

Back