Monitors, future vocal booth design ...

I

ILL

Hi all, my first post here tho i was browsing the forums way back.
I need help with monitor choosing. I was using my Bose 501s hooked up to my Cambridge Audio C100 and A100 but they are hifi boxes and i want to get some studio monitors(yeah). I was thinking of selling bose 501s, i'd get 350 euros perhaps and with the cash i got i could afford The Event TR8s. Are these a good choice or are there better ones for the price 660euros(a little less than 900$) ?
Next, i plan on using the room next to me as a vocal booth. I was wodering, since it is supposed to be a def room, does size matter ? I mean if it's a 50m^2 def room it should be the same as a 4m^2 def room ? My mic choise would be a Rode NT1A Condenser, i would mostly record vocals and sometimes a little classic guitar. So my question is how big should my vocalbooth be ? Is 2x3 m enough, can it be smaller ?

Thanks in advance,
ILL

im am unsure how to measure for proper sound dampning setup
www.auralex.com
this is where i got my sound dampning material works a treat..i have the booth as well as the big room kit..as far as monitirs..in my humble opinion get as much as your wallet can afford you always get what ya pay for..
GL with your studio set up...

you wanna also check out krk rokits 8 and tannoy reveal actives. All three are excellent choices for a home/pre-production/project - studio.

Well since i am going to be making beats on them their lower frequency responce is pretty important. Tannoys have 65hz-20khz and rokits have 45-20khz which is pretty much lower than the declared event 35-20khz.

ILL said:
Well since i am going to be making beats on them their lower frequency responce is pretty important. Tannoys have 65hz-20khz and rokits have 45-20khz which is pretty much lower than the declared event 35-20khz.

which is pretty much lower than the declared event35-20khz.
65hz-20khz
45-20khz

neither

Try to chose design in such a way that give professional look to its visitors. Booth is the best point where you can tell other about your music. Music must be unique and build something energetic thought among viewers.

Back