Monitors against wall

Horatio

I couldn't find any info on this in here so I have to ask.

I have a 9 x 10 room and the monitors are against the 9' wall. At most, the back of them is a foot or a foot and a half away from it. I know this is bad, but there isn't really any other way for me to arrange things. Right now I have foam bass traps in the two corners and one in between them against the wall. My two computer monitors are in between the speakers and I have a blanket tucked behind that.

I'm hoping someone has been in this situation and done something that they found really effective. Anybody?

You could also try treating the ceiling. Prior to treating have you identified the frequencies that are giving your problems? Blindly treating is just as bad as not treating at all.

or just use near field monitors? (to mix and master, pump up the big boys when you're creative) you can get decent mixes like that... I do.

When the environment isn't optimal, I find that some good studio headphones can really help as far as checking/zero-ing in on the low end is concerned. Low end is really hard to tame and is quite subject to the environment, so switching between headphones and monitors can be helpful in some cases given the conditions.

When the environment isn't optimal, I find that some good studio headphones can really help as far as checking/zero-ing in on the low end is concerned. Low end is really hard to tame and is quite subject to the environment, so switching between headphones and monitors can be helpful in some cases given the conditions.

I would add that having multiple monitors/headphones that are different for reference would really get you mix sounding clean no matter where its played. I would go jump on dubspots blog or youtube channel, along with looking at affordable way to treat your room if you on a budget. Sounds like the environment might need some tweaking to get everything sounding clean.

Back