monitor reviews problem

AmpleSoul

Well, this isnt another "which speakers should i get" thread. I just want to say i've read reviews for hours and hours looking for a pair and was fixed on either the M-Audio BX8a, until I read that they **** out after 2-3 months, so I thought well, dont want to take my chances on those and then the Yamaha HS-50's, and i read tons of people saying either get the sub or just get the HS-80's. I literally have no room OR EXTRA CASH for the sub and so Im thinking of just going with the KRK 5's Gen 2

On the Yamaha HS-50's though, the bass may not be that big of a problem to me, because Im not bass heavy in my music. but SO many people have the KRK's, so im thinking they may be "universally" good for pretty much anyone who creates hip hop.

I live 3 hours from the closest guitar center, but not sure if it would be better to buy a pair off eBay or buy retail price from GC

Would the "bass problem" on the HS-50's be a problem, or would it be "safer" to get the KRK's, which apparently everyone and their momma's use?

Back