Mixing with NI Maschine!!!

TDOT

Hey what's good FP!?

I'm currently using the NI Maschine but don't think it has the essential tools to mix and master a track efficiently.
What do you guys think? What DAW would you suggest I use to import my Maschine tracks into for arranging and mixing?

Thanks

It's possible to mix your tracks in Maschine. But then again I typically wouldn't mix a track until there are vocals. I wouldn't try to Master with Maschine though. Honestly I wouldn't bother with mastering until you completely have mixing figured out.

Logic (if you are on Mac) or Cubase (PC) seem to be good go-to DAWs for mixing and polishing off tracks. They have dedicated 'mixer' sections whereby it should be a lot easier to manage your volume controls across all your tracks during the mixing process.

Pro Tools may be better for working with full vocals and a lot of audio files, but perhaps a little harder to use in some areas.

Definetely wont be trying to Master any time soon that's for sure. Just trying to learn the basics of mixing an intrumental so that everything gels. When I make instrumentals they sound alright but once I plig headphones in or play it on a good set of monitors it doesn't sound smooth anymore.

Thanks though guys,

Build and do rough arrangement within Maschine, then perhaps copy the drums, stems or parts across into a DAW. Should be a bit easier to see the bigger picture for arranging the song in full. I found Logic's layout made my mixing learning curve a lot quicker and easier.

Back