Mixing in Ableton vs Fl Studio

BeautyTheBeat

Okay so I literally just started recording with ableton today and I like how quick and easy it was but I'm having two main problems

1: I can't hear the effects during the recording process. I uploaded my own plugins, not sure if that's a factor

2: Fruity loop's plugins don't seem to work with ableton, is there a way around that? If not is there an equivalent to Fruity Limiter and Parametic EQ 2 in Ableton?

Thanks in advance for your time

I don't use Abelton, but there is likely an EQ and limiter in it that work the same. The native versions of the plugins wouldn't work inside abelton unless you bought the VST version of the plugin (don't think there is one for the limiter)

Just a tip, if you want a limiter but only have a compressor, then just use that.
Set the ratio as high as possible and use the compressor just like a limiter...essentially that's what a limiter is (a compressor with a ridiculously high compression ratio).

So there is a great eq that ableton has its called Eq Eight. Its an 8 band eq that's great at what it does. The Eq 3 is also great. As far as limiting, yes. You can use the compressor inside of Ableton and set a ratio of 10-1 with a fast attack and fast release and it has a limiter as well. IMO the mixing and routing inside of Ableton surpasses FL's by a long shot.

Last edited:
Back