Mixing advice - balancing between mono and stereo?

MartinGuptill

Hi all,

I heard one of my tracks recently on one of those BOSE portable Bluetooth speakers and it was trash. So I reset everything and mixed in mono. Now it sounds pretty decent which I'm happy with. However when I now flip it into stereo some of the mixer tracks sound really loud! These are the tracks that have some substantial stereo components (eg organs, leads). One of theomegle xender"easy" way outs is to do some mid-side processing and reduce the volume of the side output - however all this does is remove those nice wider elements and reduces it to a mono track. Any advice on how to maintain a decent mono track whilst still getting a rich stereo output that isn't unbalanced? (I'm using FL Studio if that matters)

Last edited:
Thats because their using a combination of a few thing dual mono and mid side eq and compression when to use right eq/ comp it's a not over night or a 1 year thing another thing people over look is the signal flow from one plugin to another, i can mix for u willing to do the first for 60% off

When you mix, you can always check your track in mono. I don't like mixing in mono but checking in mono really helps.

Back