Mixing Academy

Isaiah Jordan

Okay has anyone purchased the busy works beats mixing academy that's on their site.. If you have what was your experience? I'm thinking about buying it but not sure if it's worth it or not. Thanks

I don't have it, but I feel like there are other channels on YouTube that are dedicated to mixing that have free videos. Also, mixing is something that you learn by doing as opposed to just watching. If it doesn't come with project files or some audio content to practice with, I personally wouldn't get it.... (keep in mind, I already know how to mix). With all that said, I haven't come across too many channels dedicated to mixing hip hop instrumentals that I would consider useful. Maybe they provide some good content.

I purchased a sample pack from BWB a while ago and was pleased with it. Don't know if that holds any weight in your decision.

I don't have it, but I feel like there are other channels on YouTube that are dedicated to mixing that have free videos. Also, mixing is something that you learn by doing as opposed to just watching. If it doesn't come with project files or some audio content to practice with, I personally wouldn't get it.... (keep in mind, I already know how to mix). With all that said, I haven't come across too many channels dedicated to mixing hip hop instrumentals that I would consider useful. Maybe they provide some good content.

I purchased a sample pack from BWB a while ago and was pleased with it. Don't know if that holds any weight in your decision.

Yeah that's why I'm considering buying it, cause most channels are useless. I know it's better to DO but I feel it would help to see it done right and just to learn different techniques to kind of speed up the learning process. Also to make practice mixing more fun by knowing what to look for.

Back