MIDI Keyboard question

Jordy Beckers

Hello,

I´m fairly new to the forum and producing music so maybe it's a dumb question... Since a short period of time, I bought an simple midi keyboard, the keystation mini 32. Having produced a beat in Massive, I want to play it with my keyboard. No problems, but isnt it possible that as you play a key on it the beat stops after one time? Because if I keep the key pressed down, it's just keepsplaying the beat over and over again. I just want it to play one time regardless how long I keep the key down.

I also don't know if there's an option for it or how it is called, so I also can't do an accurate google search on it.

Thanks in advance!
1_grin.gif

My DAW: Ableton Live 8

Last edited:
What program are you using? This is possible in all the popular DAW's and can normally be achieved by removing the "release" from the sample or instrument you're playing. Look for a release parameter somewhere and bring it all the way down. Now when you release the key the sample/instrument should stop playing (unless its a plugin w/ reverb or something then obviously there'll be some noise after releasing the key).

Hey man,

I'm using Ableton with the Massive plugin. Thanks, I'll try that and let you know if it's that :)

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

What program are you using? This is possible in all the popular DAW's and can normally be achieved by removing the "release" from the sample or instrument you're playing. Look for a release parameter somewhere and bring it all the way down. Now when you release the key the sample/instrument should stop playing (unless its a plugin w/ reverb or something then obviously there'll be some noise after releasing the key).

Hey man,

Sorry for the very late reply. Sadly it wasn't the solution. I made a little clip to make it more clear what I mean. See this link; Video - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting If I press the key down, It just needs to play one 'wobble'. It should keep repeating.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
oh my bad i thought you were saying after you released the key you wanted it to stop playing the sample.

Last edited:
Back