microKORG/ MPC 2000 XL SETUP QUESTION

M

mpcskillz305

yo does anybody use the microKORG analog synth with their mpc??...if so, how do i sync the mpc to read the midi signal and play back sound??? thanks..

mpcskillz305 said:
yo does anybody use the microKORG analog synth with their mpc??...if so, how do i sync the mpc to read the midi signal and play back sound??? thanks..
Hit shift and MIDI on your MPC and mess with the settings. Then, go back to the main screen, go down to the bottom thing and change the setting to MIDI channel or something like that.

This is just from memory so I don't know the exact procedure but it's fairly easy. The sh!t goes hard as fukk cuz you can create a synthesizer sequence with gradual changes on your settings. I could've sworn it was someone else's work cuz I pimped it out like a pro would.

Controller keyboard midi out -> MPC midi in
MPC midi out -> controller keyboard midi in
Controller keyboard midi through -> sound modules midi in
Plus you also can use:
MPC other midi out -> sound modules

on the mpc go to the bottom of the main menu where it sais track,drum1,new prgm on drum 1 rotate wheel to the left and it will say midi
then where it sais off rotate the wheel to the right and pick device01.you should be able to record into the mpc sequencer like that.you will still have to resample into the mpc if you want the actuall audio on the mp.aight peace

so i need two midi cables to sync my micro korg to mpc 2000xl

one going from korgs in to mpcs out and one going from mpcs out to korgs in?

Back