Mbox 2 low input levels!!!

wavecrazybeats

Producer
hi i have an mbox 2 that i use with my power mac g5. I dont use pro tools but i do own it. Anyways, the issue i am having with my hardware is that when im recording, the input knob has to be turned almost all the way to the right (all the way UP) in order for me to receive a descent input signal. It does not matter which software i use, it does the same thing. I have used the mbox with pro tools, logic, garageband, and a few other programs. Every software has the same issue. And its not just my mbox 2 either because i have seen many many other people with the same issue. But no one has had a solution for it as far as i have seen. I really need a solution as because i have many artists coming in and out of my recording studio to do sessions. I am using a MXL R144 Ribbon mic. I have tried changing mics, this did not help though. I have used bluebird mic by Blue, i have used a few Shure mics. They all input the same strength. I dont know if there is a setting i have to change or what but the system clock for the mbox 2 is set to internal and the pad button is not pressed in. I have the Phanom power on and the DI button is also not pressed in. Both input slots do this. But when I hook up an instrument, it has perfect input. The mics are using a xrl cable. I have tried different cables as well. I have been to a couple other studios in which this is the same issue for them but they had a tech guy fix it. I dont want to have to pay for it to be solved. Please let me know of any solutions. Thanks.

Back