Mastering & Distortion without clipping on krk 5 I guess

Well basically when i add a limiter or whatever to the end my krk sub thing starts to go crazy ( & no its not busted ). The thing will only be peaking -3db and still go crazy. Its not really distorted its just like you know something is wrong.

Whenever i play a pro song the sub thing moves gently but when i play my beats the sub goes fucking crazy after mastering. Its like a wild EDM wobble crazy and thats not what i want. Its like my songs move the krks differently then pro or other songs.

I'll drop a sample Here.View attachment addictive electrod_3.mp3

Help Please!

A limiter or whatever... very precisely...
Even without listening to the sample I bet it's a problem caused by bad mixing.

A limiter or whatever... very precisely...
Even without listening to the sample I bet it's a problem caused by bad mixing.

I said " or whatever " because a limiter isn't the only thing engineers use at the end . Some use maximizers(yeah a limiter but diff name), multiband compresser, soft clipper, compresser, & whatever else

Well basically when i add a limiter or whatever to the end my krk sub thing starts to go crazy ( & no its not busted ). The thing will only be peaking -3db and still go crazy. Its not really distorted its just like you know something is wrong.

Whenever i play a pro song the sub thing moves gently but when i play my beats the sub goes fucking crazy after mastering. Its like a wild EDM wobble crazy and thats not what i want. Its like my songs move the krks differently then pro or other songs.

I'll drop a sample Here.View attachment 45764

Help Please!

Sounds like an issue where you're not able to dial in the bass to hit solid while not overloading the speakers.

Basically, too much low end, or low end that expands down further than your speakers are able to handle before crapping out.

Subs can be difficult to tune, and if your in a smaller room, it makes it harder to get the bottom accurate.

You can try adding a high pass filter set to about 30Hz with a moderate slope.
Maybe try it both with a regular minimum phase eq and a linear phase eq.
Also reduce 30 to 50Hz a bit with a wide bell eq

Getting the sub lows to bang nice while not breaking up a speaker isn't that easy,
unless you have good conditions and a good system,
..and have been doing it for a while. Good luck.

Back