Magna Carta is a data mining operation

im1ufo

I recently created a thread called There Will Be NO RESPECT FOR THE THRONES

that thread was about my favorite hip hop album so far this year which happened to diss Kanye and Jay Z (Run the Jewels...which is a collaboration between Killer Mike and El-P)

you can consider this part 2 of that thread ...because this one is about Jay Z's album... but still involves Killer Mike

Killer Mike posted this on his twitter:

BOIiXzQCcAASb9_.jpg-large.jpg

Is there a reason your location and the contents of your phone need to be revealed to listen to Jay Z's album?

Jay Z wanted his album to go platinum...so he cut a deal with Samsung...he doesn't care what price is paid by anyone...as long has he has cash in his pocket

I am not surprised by this at all though...I remember when the occupy wall street movement was taking place...Jay Z used that movement to sell shirts ...none of the money went anywhere except his own pocket

Jay Z and Kanye can pretend to be gods or in the illuminati all they want...but in the end they are nothing but puppets

Last edited:
Well, this certainly isn't new or unique to the Jay-Z app, it has been happening for a long time.

But good that you bring that up.

Android permissions explained, security tips, and avoiding malware - Android Forums

Types of Dangerous Programs

The most common threats from Android applications are:

1) When the app tricks the user into giving it permissions it does not need to do its job.

2) When the app hides malicious code behind legitimate permissions.

3) When the app tricks the user into entering in personal information or sensitive data (such as a credit card number).

There are various ways malicious developers (also known as hackers or crackers) accomplish this. We'll briefly define each kind just to have a common understanding of the terms.

Why does a Jay-Z need to know my precise location ?

I downloaded an app a couple days ago, I don't remember what it was, some learning tool and it asked for permission to view my message and call history, contacts and full permission to delete and modify all data.

I mean...

Last edited:
maybe they work with the goverment hand in had.

Modify or delete contents of your USB storage ?

lol almost every app asks you for this.

apps that only provide music?

how many of those permissions are actually needed for a phone to play music?

it is straight up data mining however you want to look at it

i want to point out that i probably made it seem like Killer Mike has more beef with Jay Z than he actually does...he says Jay Z is one of his favorite rappers

apps that only provide music?

how many of those permissions are actually needed for a phone to play music?

it is straight up data mining however you want to look at it

i want to point out that i probably made it seem like Killer Mike has more beef with Jay Z than he actually does...he says Jay Z is one of his favorite rappers

Spotify, Pandora, Shazam. I'm not saying it's needed, but it's pretty much old hat

Last edited:
You know that the new xbox will have data mining too? It has permission to modify, or delete any data on your harddrive, and its a feature that cannot be turned off.

You know that the new xbox will have data mining too? It has permission to modify, or delete any data on your harddrive, and its a feature that cannot be turned off.

I'm still getting one.

I could care less about my data being mined. My identity could be stolen in a heartbeat and so can yours. The only solution is to go Amish or STFU. I am going to STFU and continue to use technology.

No need to worry about these things. The big companies won and I lost. Oh well. At least I get to play cool games and have a smartphone!

I'm still getting one.

I could care less about my data being mined. My identity could be stolen in a heartbeat and so can yours. The only solution is to go Amish or STFU. I am going to STFU and continue to use technology.

No need to worry about these things. The big companies won and I lost. Oh well. At least I get to play cool games and have a smartphone!

I dont' care much about the XBox, but I'm also not as worried about these things anymore. If the Jay-Z app doesn't mine and share your data, something else you use will.

This isn't even new since the internet. This has happened in analog-mode too. I have experience at some of these trade conventions for whatever business I'm in... There's always that first table right at the entrance that says "Fill out a card here, and you can win $50,000 towards a new home makeover", or "Win this jetski!". Next time you see something like that, flip the card over and read the fine print. It blatantly says, "This information is used for marketing and data collection purposes ONLY." If I had one, I'd scan it right now.

It's mostly for marketing. You think email spam is bad.. Ever notice how much crap comes in the real mail? That's coz your name and address are on some lists. If you're worried about the Jay-Z app sending info to the government for some evil purpose, stow that shit too. They got their list already, I'm sure.

Back