M-Audio TriggerFinger

cyklops

Im looking at getting one of these for use with Live 4 ( soon Live 5 ) and need some feedback on the quality of this controller

first of all how good are the pads on this compared to other units 9 suppose we cannot compare it a MPC,s pads ) but how good is the pressure sensitivity and overall feel and response ?

Im not sure how good the pads are as i have never used one but if you want to compare the pads to the ones of the mpc Akai have made a midi controller just like the trigger finger i think its called MPD you should check it out

I bought the M-Audio trigger finger after reading SEVERAL reviews from users who returned their Akai MPD-16 for the Trigger Finger. Apparently the M-audio trigger finger has a more gummy feel to its pads. I bought mine for 180$ even @ my local guitar center. I love this thing. It makes programming drums so much more hands on, and I can assign velocity with the knobs. M-Audio did I good job with this product. I'm picky when it comes to quality, and this thing feels pretty solid.

hope this helps.

Ok tight dude thanks for the info, there is also quite some reviews on the abelton forums

And im also very picky as far as quality goes, so with you saying its quality is pretty good is pushing me into buying this as i want to use it with live,

yah go into guitar center and tell them you have X amount of dollars to spend. They'll usually work with ya. Guitar center had it marked for $199.99 and I walked out with it for $180 even.

ya i went in and played with a trigger finger and a mpc1000 side by side and i will agree "M-audio trigger finger has a more gummy feel to its pads". i have never used a MPC but it didn't feel bad compared to the mpc that was sitting three inches away. i recommend going to do a comparison like that it was real beneficial.

The Korg MicroKontrol is also a good option if you're looking for some mini-keys and assignable sliders and knobs too.

I've not used the M-Audio trigger finger so can't compare but the MK has nice feeling gummy pads. They look slightly smaller than the M-Audio ones but you can't really tell from a pic on the net!

My TF arrived 2 days ago.

i've been enamored with it ever since.

fantastic device for using with live 4.

nicely responsive, and the pads are silky smooth.

I'm currently trying to get it work with my 3 other midi devices (49 Key controller, X-Session & DM2).

I to just got the TF, now I got working in Reason but now I would like to get it to work with my sample tank or any of my various vsti...do I have to set up the TF?..
Thanks in advance..
Rick

Kevin,
did you have any problems installing TF onto your computer? ive got vista 64 bit, which is supposed to be plug and play but my pc wont recognize it. Trying to use it through FL8 or Live (free demo). ive also tried to hook it up to a powerbook g4 but nothing comes up when i plug it in. im beginning to feel like its windows vista 64. there are no downloadble drivers available.

Back