Lupe Fiasco Mission opinions?

The track is okay, but this basically the direction that Lupe always goes in with the rock/alternative infusion in his music.

The track is okay, but this basically the direction that Lupe always goes in with the rock/alternative infusion in his music.
Yah I agree. It really dissapoints me that this is the artistic direction he has chosen to go in. Lupe was my favorite rapper up until Lasers dropped. F&L The Cool and every mixtape leading up to Lasers amazed me. But he isnt doing what won me over anymore and it kinda sucks.

his old shit had soul, now it just seems like he's trying too hard

on everything i was thinking about the 50 or so tracks i had from his old mixtapes and how they compare to all his newer stuff a couple of days ago. Its disappointing to say the least. I used to swear he was about to be the next jay z... but then again i thought that about drake too back in the day (before so far gone)

this track sounds like the typical lupe track now. he has good lyrics but in my opinion lupe selects beats fuse things he actually likes, with things that the average rap fan likes. and i dont like it. i dont like lupe over these trap-ish club-ish beats. I REALLY DONT FEEL EM. It seems unnatural. I feel like he'll have a mike will beat on his album smh

this track sounds like the typical lupe track now. he has good lyrics but in my opinion lupe selects beats fuse things he actually likes, with things that the average rap fan likes. and i dont like it. i dont like lupe over these trap-ish club-ish beats. I REALLY DONT FEEL EM. It seems unnatural. I feel like he'll have a mike will beat on his album smh

i feel you, guess its just major label politics or something. :sigh:

Back