LONG set with polar opposite songs :/ Help?

JoryS

Hey guys, so I got a good gig with good exposure at my university's 101 week (for first years). I'm playing a club night (thank god for that), but they also want me to do a massive party at a ski lodge. Problem is, there's 3 different music areas, and they put me in the "alternative" area, which is basically an excuse for the promoter to ask me to play a bunch of songs that he likes.

So we got some Srillex, some Foo Fighters, some Foreigner, some Black Keys, some Wiz Khalifa, etc. Basically every type of music under the sun. With so many different grooves, bpms, etc; how the hell am I suppose to mix 5 hours worth of that?

I'm likely going to try grouping things by bpm and either fade things completely out/in between groups to avoid mismatching, or simply just cut.

How do you guys mix completely different genres?

I've said it before and i'm gonna say it again, be a bedroom DJ for at least 2 years to find your nitch and really now how to make things work. If that's not in the plans then you might as well find a DJ on craigslist that's willing to sell all 1 Terabyte of hard drive music hes got haha.

Back