logic pro x reverb help anyone?

cartwheel1984

Hi everyone, I want to play a sound and add loads of reverb to it, bounce it to audio then play it in a sampler n reverse it to make a build up effect.

which logic reverb is best? And what do I tweak on it tobget the best reverb?

Not to sure on bouncing to audio either.

any one help me on these 2 things?

sacho the decay man.stretch enneh sacho the decay and maybe increase the room size if there is one of those in the reverb you use

Hi everyone, I want to play a sound and add loads of reverb to it, bounce it to audio then play it in a sampler n reverse it to make a build up effect.

which logic reverb is best?

In this case and since he has Logic, the plugin might matter, at least for easier processing.

Use Logics premium reverb plug Space Designer. It has a reverse button up on the right corner.
Use a long preset from the Long Reverbs list in the plugins drop down menu. Try the 6.8 sec long Splendid Verb preset for now.

Hit the reverse button upper right corner in Space Designer. On right hand side sliders, set the dry to 0% and wet to 80-100% to only get the reverb sound sounding.

Make sure the track is selected.
Press Cntrl+CMD+B (Thats bounce track in place. You find it in the menu too at File -> Bounce -> Track In Place)
Now your reversed reverb is processed to a new audio track in the arrange window.

Voi la!

PS! If you want the instrument itself to be a part of the effect it is better to unselect the reverse function in Spacedesigner and leave the dry slider in the presets standard position.
Then Cntrl+CMD+B for bounce track in place.
Then double-click the newly bounced audio file and select reverse from the drop down menus in the file editor that comes up at the bottom of the screen.

PS2!
Want to play it in logics sampler?
You might wanna cut it a little and set some short fades (Press ESC to bring up cursor selection and press 0 or select the Fade Tool) on the sides of the file and bounce it to a new audio track before dragging it into EXS24II. (CTRL+B for bounce in place after selecting the sound itself in the arrange view track)
Now just open EXS24II, press the EDIT button up right on the EXS panel and drag the audio file from your track in the arrange and drop it into the EXS24 sampler edit window (the big one).
It is now ready to play on C3. You can change that if you like.

If you feel for saving it, p
ress instrument -> save or save as and make your own folder in the suggested folder sampler instruments that comes up in the file dialogue.
I have a test folder where all my fooling around sampler instruments goes.
This way it is much easier to select instruments from the EXS24II menus later. It won´t get cluttered with 400 names like Halo_compressed_drum_test_057A3 and such
:cool:

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back