Live Muisc in hip-hop: outdated or not done correctly?

I don't know, but I would sure love to see some more all live hip hop acts with LIVE instrumentation. No VST/Daw's allowed!

Rap can go with all genres of music.
It should be done more outside of Hip-Hop.
Hip-Hop needs more real singers in it i think.

One of the three most misspelled words in music-- "Rythym," "Panio," and of course, "Muisc."

"The panio plays beautiful muisc with lots of rythym
."

In regards to the question, no, it is not played out at all.

GJ

Last edited:
Have you ever submitted to a major hiphop Artist/Label/A&R/Manager? They will always ask for club bangers. ALWAYS. Live music doesn't have what they are looking for when it comes to hiphop. It's out there but you don't hear it because labels want popular sounds which right now is 808s. Live hiphop beats are not for the club and the obsession right now is the club & strip club. Unfortunately nobody wants to hear that right now.

Have you ever submitted to a major hiphop Artist/Label/A&R/Manager? They will always ask for club bangers. ALWAYS. Live music doesn't have what they are looking for when it comes to hiphop. It's out there but you don't hear it because labels want popular sounds which right now is 808s. Live hiphop beats are not for the club and the obsession right now is the club & strip club. Unfortunately nobody wants to hear that right now.

Pop music wants club bangers ;)

if you're talking about rap concerts, i don't go to them they're lame for the most part.

if you're talking about live bands playing on records, never really been my thing. was a big motivation for one of the fathers of modern hip-hop production, marley marl, doing what he did.

Back