Let me hear what do you think is the difference between a Beat Maker vs Producer

PBA

Visionary
woodgrain mpc pic.jpg

Alot of producers think they are producers in which they may be just a beat maker. What's the difference?

Yeah I've seen this topic come up a few times around here. I think the answer is obvious when you look into what music industry "producers" do as opposed to what many "beatmakers" are doing. Working directly with the artist, being part of the creative process from conception to release, being a project manager, etc etc etc - vs. producing instrumentals and selling them like wares on a shelf, without regard for what the artist/buyer does with it.

Lex Luger is more of a beatmaker. Rick Rubin is a producer.

To be either one is just fine, imo.

Last edited:
BEATMAKER:

One who constructs a track from a sample, beat and or melody in a standard format.

PRODUCER

One who embellishes on the beatmaker's track to enhance their components, ie, kick, snare, sample et. As well is able to make tracks (not beats) on their own will a fuller sound, because of their know how of spacing instruments, EQ, can hear the finish product before completion. A producer will then be able to direct a singer, or sing themself and use their
voice as another instrument weaving between the open (space) left by in the mix, entail giving a more discriptive respresentation of a song.

lol not again!!! Producers produce records beatmakers make beats <<<< nothing more too it! Do your research if you dont think so yourself!

Big ups to everybody that said what I was already going to say...

Beatmakers just make the initial beat, one-n-done, on to the next one.
Music producers potentially are involved with creating songs, whole albums, or soundtracks centered around concepts.

Back