Lessons from a Legend: King T’s Midas Touch on Biggie, Xzibit, Tha Alkaholiks and Dre

FeloneusSupremeProd

FP Official Threadkiller
This is great insight into the background of a West Coast Legend. For those who are not hip to King Tee just stop and read the interview.

True story: I once hung out with this cat after a show. Ice T, DJ Pooh was there and a young unknown cat who I would later find out to be Anthony Johnson aka Ezel from The Friday. This was years before he blew up as an actor. He was just another gangsta ni99a sportin a perm. Played dice and watched some Grape St. brotha get worked by Anthony Johnson (Ezel). The Grape Street brotha lost 2 fat wads and was like I got more at the crib whats up? Ezel was like now man take whatever you have left and go get yo self something to eat. Ice T and King T was cool as fvck though. King T was a beast back in the day and it is a shame that his career kind of fell off. I met Tash years later and he was a real down to earth cat. Chopped it up and made a industry connect just did not take advantage of it. All good people though.

Anyway good interview especially for those who may not really understand how dope King T was back in the day. A little West Coast Hip Hop history.

Lessons from a Legend: King T’s Midas Touch on Biggie, Xzibit, Tha Alkaholiks and Dre

If you have the time search for King T's discography and listen to some classic King T joints on youtube.

Albums:

Act A Fool (Classic West Coast Album...Bass, Just Clowning)

At Your Own Risk (Played like a Piano = Classic joint with Ice Cube and Ruff Rhyme with the Rakim sample)

Tha Triflin' Album (At Your Own Risk (Budha mix), Drunk Tekneek, King T's Beer Stand)

Back