Leaving My Girl Hip Hop For Post-Dubstep

theonlybman

Dear Hip Hop
I woke up this morning and looked at you lying next to me. I remember when you had more style than anybody else. I remember how you made my heart pound in my chest as you told me about a world so different than my own. The other girls, yeah they would make me want to move, but you... you made me think... you made me feel... and you always knew how to give me that sense of power, like I was invincible.

It's no wonder why everyone wanted a piece of you. You stayed true at first, you knew who you were and you were not about to change. But the offers kept getting bigger and bigger, and I guess somewhere along the line, you decided that a little compromise wouldn't hurt. Well what started as small steps, began to escalate, and pretty soon you were right in there with the popular kids. At first, I could dig it, cause you still knew how to be real when it counted.

I guess it happened gradually, but somewhere along the line, the love was lost. I look at you now, and the feeling just isn't there, maybe this isn't the end but we definitely need some time apart. It's for the best, for us both to grow and discover new parts of ourselves.

Goodbye,
BMAN

U channeling common. Luv is about commitment, but its sounds like u need have an affair with those r&b, alternative, rock, jazz, edm girls. Shouts out to Joey and PAC div.

U channeling common. Luv is about commitment, but its sounds like u need have an affair with those r&b, alternative, rock, jazz, edm girls. Shouts out to Joey and PAC div.

Yeah, I guess until you leave something behind, you never really if you were taking it forgranted.

Yeah, I guess until you leave something behind, you never really if you were taking it forgranted.
She still a good girl, but everybody got a piece. What Dillard's said-" u know what luv is, being a man handeling yo shit, what luv got to do with it". turn off the radio.

Yeah, I guess most of the best artists either retired or lost their touch and weren't adequately replaced.

I keep reading about how good Nas' new album is, is this true? What about Big Boi's?

Well at least we've got Kendrick Lamar, and maybe Kanye will be back for real next year.

Last edited:
Back