Laptop for Home Studio

pbebuda

Is this computer good enuff for my home hip hop recording studio needs.Basically to record in pro tools Its a dell with a I7 processor.

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.CM_SCID.coll.item.E222451.desc.Dell-156-Notebook-Core-i7-6GB-RAM-500GBHD-Webcam

The most ideal computer for music production is still the tower system and while they might be considered to be too powerful, big and bulky to meet the basic needs of the average social networking consumer, creative professionals see things the other way around, that laptops and all-in-one systems are less than well suited for serious production work.

When you buy a laptop for music production you are likely to compromise the concept of portability by adding an external audio interface, studio monitors and a MIDI controller, you will probably also want to add an external hard drive for audio streaming (in regard to sample playback DFD streaming conserves RAM and your going to want to do that on a laptop, even more so if the shitty graphics interface robs system RAM) so what you end up with is an underpowered inside out computer system with shit hanging off wires.

Back