KRK RP 6's & 8's vs. Yamaha HS80M's vs Behringer Truth B2041A's....?

MDOTDASUPA

NEW To The Forum & Wasn't Sure Which Category To Post This Thread In But I'm Trying To Upgrade My Studio Set-Up From A Speaker System To Some Good Affordable Active Studio Monitors, For I've Heard They'll Help Improve My Mixing Ability B/C They'll Enable Me To Hear My Beatz Correctly! The Main Problem/Question I Have Is Which Are The Best Affordable Monitors Between The KRK RP 6's & 8's, The Yamaha HS80M's and the Behringer Truth B2031A's...??? Been To Several Guitar Centers Lately & A Majority Of The Time The Monitors Aren't Plugged In...& They Give The Customers The "We Had A Cable Recount Song and Dance" Which I Think Is Pure B-S, LOL! I'm Looking For A Good Crisp Sound With Excellent Low-End Frequency In Order To Hear My Kicks & 808's Properly When Producing! If Anyone Could Shed Some Light On This Topic, It'd Be Greatly Appreciated Indeed!

mdotdasupaproducer said:
NEW To The Forum & Wasn't Sure Which Category To Post This Thread In But I'm Trying To Upgrade My Studio Set-Up From A Speaker System To Some Good Affordable Active Studio Monitors, For I've Heard They'll Help Improve My Mixing Ability B/C They'll Enable Me To Hear My Beatz Correctly! The Main Problem/Question I Have Is Which Are The Best Affordable Monitors Between The KRK RP 6's & 8's, The Yamaha HS80M's and the Behringer Truth B2031A's...??? Been To Several Guitar Centers Lately & A Majority Of The Time The Monitors Aren't Plugged In...& They Give The Customers The "We Had A Cable Recount Song and Dance" Which I Think Is Pure B-S, LOL! I'm Looking For A Good Crisp Sound With Excellent Low-End Frequency In Order To Hear My Kicks & 808's Properly When Producing! If Anyone Could Shed Some Light On This Topic, It'd Be Greatly Appreciated Indeed!

Try Mackie MR5's or MR8's

If you want loud boomy speakers for makin beats, get the krk's, if you want flat crappy sounding monitors that will give a truer responce, get the yamaha HS series. I can't recommend anything with the behringher name on it.
LevLove

I recently moved from a house into an apartment. In the house I had KRK rockit 6 with a rokit 10 sub. Loved it. In the apartment I knew that would be to much but I still needed some bass in my monitors. I sold the above set up and got the krk rokit 8 monitors. Luvin em.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Obi, A Couple Of Producers Told Me That The Yami's Are So Hard To Mix On...! But Your Beatz Are Guaranteed To Bang One You Get The Mix Right On Them...!!! What Are Your Thoughts About That...???

well I would get them over the krk rokit series. I have a sony boom box from walmart that is less boomy than those. The better of the 2 evil's is the yamaha's. NOw for your mains I would try maybe a event/tannoy/blue sky/ or something like that over the yamaha's just for the point of theyre great reference speakers but not the best to use as your main monitors. But the more important thing you need to know here is proper room treatment will make your basic monitors sound 10000000x better than a untreated room will. YOu monitors can only do so much. Its like putting the nicest gear infront of a noob producer as opposed to putting a say mpc 1000 or may fl studio in front of someone who is a seasoned musician and producer. Which will sound better. You have to have your room treated. I would focus there more than which monitor to get first if you don't have treatment. I personally use the alesis monitor one's and monitor two's. Great stuff!

I'm Using An RCA Stereo System From Wally-World, LOL...! So I Need To Get Some Proper Monitors & Whatnot To Hear My Beatz Properly! How Much Would It Cost To Treat My Room & What All Would I Need Obi' To Start With...??? Hey, If You Got Yahoo Messenger, AIM/AOL SN's Shoot Em' To Me In A Message So I Can Hit You Up...!

I say go with yammies...some people find them a bit harder to mix on...but the mid range is a bit exaggerated...makes it easier to see what's going on there, which in turn is difficult if you're not used to it...So yeah...probably will take you time to learn them, but any new monitors you get will require time to learn them...

Good mixes translate well from the yammies...that's why they're good to me...I referenced both of them and planned to buy the 50's but got a deal on some used tannoys...

Appreciate The Feedback Zion, What Would You Reccomend Using To Get The Best Mix Possible Before Playing Them Through The Yammies To Check The Mix...???

proper room treatment will make your basic monitors sound 10000000x better

and that's where ARC comes in?

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

I personally use the alesis monitor one's and monitor two's. Great stuff!

see! you wasn't sayin' nuttin' 'bout ARC until you got the job w/ IK!!!

#jussayin'

when you was "Obitheincredible", you wasn't talkin' 'bout ARC

all the sudden after you ObiK, you off that ARC

...lol...it's all good though...just a minor observation

Back