Korg Triton vs MPK88?

ipodchicken

I was going to buy a smaller keyboard and I changed my mind and decided to splurged on a full size. I want to actually learn how to play. Which one should I get though? I know one is a lot more expensive. Are the differences and pro and cons?

Thank you for your help.

Also, I'm using fl studio 9 right now if that matters.

Last edited:
Those are two different things amigo. The triton is a workstation, meaning it has built in presets, sequencer, and sampler. It can be used as a midi controller as well.

The MPK is just a midi controller. This will controller other devices/software.

The Triton is a little old so in reality it probably is possible to find a Triton for the same price that you can get a new MPK88 for in stores. The benefit of the Triton is it is a workstation. It has the ability to work standalone. Which can be useful. The advantage to the MPK is it has knobs and faders. These can be mapped to your software. You have the ability to create/save different mapping configurations which can be useful if you use more than one DAW.

Well that depends do you want a midi controller or a workstation? A triton is a pretty much a closed working environment. The mpk is designed to control software.

Well that depends do you want a midi controller or a workstation? A triton is a pretty much a closed working environment. The mpk is designed to control software.

Can the trition be used as a midi controller? I'm leaning towards the MPK 88 because I mostly make beats at home and the likeliness that I'll be dragging around a full size keyboard is slim. Although having the option would be nice...

Last edited:
It can be used as a midi controller but imo an actual midi controller works better with software unless you really just want a set of keys.

Back