Kong Pads Won't Stop Playing

Givenalight

I've been checking video tutorials on Kong (in Reason 5), but can't find anything to get these pads to stop repeating/triggering. Currently I've connected Kong to Redrum so that I can create the pattern and I've adjusted the right number of steps... but the Kong patterns keep repeating!
Can anyone help me out?

It's probably the 'run' feature re drum has. You can either just click the big RUN button till it's off or if you want to stop it playing, then click the 'enable pattern section'.

For it to play in the parts you want, you will need to right click on re drum and select 'copy to track' and then you can drag and drop the pattern till its right for you.

Right now, I took off the redrum and instead am making the beat by edit mode/"piano roll". The notes don't overlap when I edit this way yet when I click stop on the transport panel, the samples won't stop playing until the end of its slice. Sorry if my wordings kinda confusin

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Found a video, would post the url but don't have 20 posts.

On the quick edit mode, group all the pads you want to use into the same letter pad group for mute. And if you don't want your samples to keep playing each you time you hit click select "monophonic" on the nano sampler. Thnx!

glad you found your answer. just to give u some more background on what I think you were trying to achieve using monophonic mode or setting polyphony to 1 on a sampler it reduces the amount of sounds that can play at once to just 1. Polyphonic synths can play multiple samples. mute groups have a similar effect. i am glad you figured this out

Back