Keyboard v.s. Drum Machine

I

Iceberg

I'm a 13 year old rapper/DJ who is in the process of creating a hip hop studio. I own a Yamaha DJX Keyboard and was wondering do I need a drum machine to sample from. Please help.

well... for hiphop music I always recommend ot get a YAMAHA SU700 or an Electribe S (expand the memory though!)

with those you can sample stuff, sequence patterns/ebats, and compose your music. It's pro equipment

The DJX is simply far from being as good as these mentionned above.

Good luck

It can definitly add alot to your composing as well as make it much less of a hassle. Also, if you buy a good one, it will give you MUCH better quality bass. This is really all I can say about it, but Mano, Trickmaster, or another moderator will give you the FULL low-down.

-=P.L.U.R.=-
Ryall

Haha.. I just posted this (now adding this edit) and Mano already filled you in! Listen to his advice.

[Edited by Ryall on 01-07-2001 at 02:13 PM]

Yeah, but Iceberg keeps posting new threads with almost the same identical questions... I am wondering if he knows how to "read" a thread... :(

yes i noticed that. Ill wait and see if he posts more strings. if he does ill email him your replys . :)

Back