Keep On Going! Will Return Feedback

nehemeizcool

Hey guys, i'm looking for some honest opinions and or advice on this beat and i'll return the feedback

Also, do you this this could suit a rapper or not really?

if you can drop a comment on my Soundcloud that would be awesome, thanks :-)

i agree with essentialz,

you can drop some 17khz at the snare thing, as it is pretty sharp.
everything sounds right tho, but i do have some kind of feeling that there are too many sounds panned to the right, or it could be my headphones??

Tidy tune.
My only criticism would be the snare and the fakeness of the trumpets.
For the snare, I'd try and make it a bit meatier, try a nice thick snap/fingerclick in there and turn it up in the mix a bit.
As for the horns, a better plugin is the easiest way but rolling of the high end makes things sound more real, maybe some tube and tape saturation to make them sound grittier
basically just try and rough them up a bit.

Definitely something that could be rapped over. It sounds pretty dope overall. The first thing I noticed was that the drums sounded a little too thin, particularly the kick. The kick has a nice punch but it sounds like it's all punch and no low end. Because the mix isn't particularly bass heavy it might be good to have kick with some thump to balance it all out sonically and provide a little contrast. Just my two cents. The arrangement and sound ideas are absolutely superb, just mix up a couple small things and it'll definitely be a banger. I'm digging it!

If you want to return the feed, here's a link...
https://www.futureproducers.com/for.../music-video-i-made-beat-thoughts-f4f-462623/

Back