Kanye's voice 2003 vs 2013

People are clowning him... but see here's the thing, when you grow up in the hood with all your friends, you're all going to speak ebonics, your English is not going to be the greatest and your accent is not "white" (like some people like to say)... it's not "suburban"... Kanye became famous, made lots of money. It's inevitable that he was eventually going to live in a better place and switch circles... the guy hangs around designers, movie stars, Kim and her family etc... his dialect is going to change, he's going to pronounce words differently because he's subconsciously picking it up from the people around him.

People are clowning him... but see here's the thing, when you grow up in the hood with all your friends, you're all going to speak ebonics, your English is not going to be the greatest and your accent is not "white" (like some people like to say)... it's not "suburban"... Kanye became famous, made lots of money. It's inevitable that he was eventually going to live in a better place and switch circles... the guy hangs around designers, movie stars, Kim and her family etc... his dialect is going to change, he's going to pronounce words differently because he's subconsciously picking it up from the people around him.
I grew up in the hood but have never been big on ebonics. I get clowned because I sound as if I have read a chapter book. For me at least that always lead to people calling me smart. My point is i don't think it has anything to do with him being from "the hood" his mother was a doctor I am pretty sure between that and his entitlement issues that showed early on in his career that he was not a hood kid.

Lowkey, Kanye wants to crossover into the Greatest Artist of all times, of all times. So he has to change his vocal tone. It is probably easier to do it with a soft voice. When he gets angry the old tone is going to come up though lol. Plus he has a baby now. He is softening up.

People really do pay attention to the way people speak so if you want to crosser into the White designer realm, you have to adapt. Become a chameleon.

Last edited:
Of course you gon talk differently when you're on

1) Random Nigga Wit A Camera TV on the innernets

and

2) The Kris Jenner show on national network tv.

C'mon now.

Is Kanye really from the hood? Or was he one of those guys who talked a certain way to adapt?

Not saying he didn't grow up around black folks, but I thought his mom was a English professor.

Sounds like he was just adapting to environments, but def not a "kid from the projects."

Just because you're from the hood doesn't mean you talk a certain way, it's all about how you were raised in your house. Kanye's Mom had a PhD his "hiphop" voice was the voice I'm willing to bet was faked the whole time.

He still sounds like the voice from 2003...when he's not being interviewed for all of white america to see. Y'all forgot how he barked on Taylor Swift already? Y'all realize pac did the same shyt? So does Jay? That's called adjusting to your environment.

If I'm talking to my grandma, I sound different than when I'm on the corner. I'm sure you do too unless your grandma allows you to talk any kind of way in her presence which would make her a sorry excuse for a grandma. He's in front of all of suburban america on that show. Is he supposed to get up there soundin like DMX? Sometimes I wonder who you guys are on the other side of your computer screens.

Cause i know nikkas who think you're not supposed to present yourself differently regardless of the environment you're in...but none of those nikkas know how to use a computer, so I doubt you guys are the same as them, lol.

And WTF? As a musician what office you gonna walk into and get a legit contract without knowing how to talk? They think you some dumb nikka from thew hood and plan on jerkin you when you really do have common sense, so how you think they treat a dude who can't change his demeanor before walking thru their office door? GTFOH.

Not being able to change demeanor is why dudes go to prison for shyt they didn't do. Why the can't get loans, lol. Sorry for rambling...but this thread is just dumb....

Last edited:
Back