just started posting mixes and looking for feedback

wiggles

I recently started making mixes and posting them on soundcloud. any feedback/suggestions on making these better/getting more people to listen are welcome :)

the first one i posted was this r&b esque mix (my favorite so far)

and more recently is more turn up/trap stuff

Last edited:
I listened to the R&B record. There are some good stuff in there for sure. The sound is pleasant overall, maybe in terms of sound and to some part the production it lacks a little "excitement" for lack of better words, maybe you should push it a bit harder in the gain staging, maybe put the vocals a bit more up front, maybe gain the kick and snare a little and stuff like that. Not that I think you should pull out tons of transients from it, but I think you can explore sounds more to make it fatter, especially when it comes rhodes/electric piano/wurlitzer type sounds and drums and maybe refine the fill patterns (e.g. the bass line) on various sound sources. Of course this is just my taste, others here might be of the opposite opinion. I liked the stereo image, it was pretty soft on the sides and I could not hear tons of phase issues in it, so it seems like you've made the right moves in that area. The balance can be better. The sound fits quite well into the current R&B genre and you can see some likes building up. So stay cool...

I listened to the R&B record. There are some good stuff in there for sure. The sound is pleasant overall, maybe in terms of sound and to some part the production it lacks a little "excitement" for lack of better words, maybe you should push it a bit harder in the gain staging, maybe put the vocals a bit more up front, maybe gain the kick and snare a little and stuff like that. Not that I think you should pull out tons of transients from it, but I think you can explore sounds more to make it fatter, especially when it comes rhodes/electric piano/wurlitzer type sounds and drums and maybe refine the fill patterns (e.g. the bass line) on various sound sources. Of course this is just my taste, others here might be of the opposite opinion. I liked the stereo image, it was pretty soft on the sides and I could not hear tons of phase issues in it, so it seems like you've made the right moves in that area. The balance can be better. The sound fits quite well into the current R&B genre and you can see some likes building up. So stay cool...
whoa first of all thank you for giving such detailed feedback i really appreciate that. idk if you thought i produced any of these tracks but i didnt lol i just took some songs i like put em in serato hit record and played them. i'll definitely take those considerations into my own production tho so thank you for that. as far as what i could do better for this is just make it louder? what did you think of the transitions?

Back