Just Dropped A New Song "ROBERT DE NIRO FLOW" F4F

Lui-V

I'm working on a new project called "The Valleyfornia LP", that's dropping on 1.28.13.

The first song I'm releasing is called "ROBERT DE NIRO FLOW" and features another local rapper, JYLN JML.

"ROBERT DE NIRO FLOW" [FEAT. JYLN JML]

RobertDeNiroFlow_zps4f0cac6c.jpg

Feel free to post any feedback and any links to your music and I'll check it out.

Really liked this. I guess if I had to critique would say the open hat was a little high and distracting from the vocals at times.

I just started messing around with producing and just finished my first beat. I will be making a post in a second. Would really appreciate if you could give feedback

can post links now https://soundcloud.com/kitecabrinha/attempt-1

Last edited:
Really liked this. I guess if I had to critique would say the open hat was a little high and distracting from the vocals at times.

I just started messing around with producing and just finished my first beat. I will be making a post in a second. Would really appreciate if you could give feedback

can post links now https://soundcloud.com/kitecabrinha/attempt-1

Thanks for listening, I kinda agree with you on the open hat. When I was mixing I noticed it, but I felt if I made it too low, the track felt like it was missing something. maybe I shoulda just carved out some frequencies out of the open hat so it wouldn't get in the way of the vocals.

Your track is really good, especially for your first beat. The drums are solid, I like the synths you got going on. The effects are also pretty good, there was one point where the reverb got really crazy and I was feeling it. Keep at it bro, you could definitely get far, seeing as this is your first beat ever. I don't feel like your track is missing anything, just get a rapper or vocalist on top and it can be a pretty cool song.

Yeah I'd also have to agree on the open hi-hat. The verse is hella catchy, had me vibin! Maybe put another verse after the intro? For real though, I could put this in my itunes collection easy

Yo man this is nice right here...and ya that hi hat is high...also maybe try de essing for some sibilance you have in certain spots...maybe a high pass filter..idk ive been really reading up on mixing vocals for my own good..i have the same problem sometimes with the hissing s's and popping p's...but make no mistake imam defff check your lp when it drops...I dig your last one...God is Dead..however I have a feeling your going with a different direction here...and I like it

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...feedback/new-song-right-about-now-f4f-464850/...
not really new...my new stuff is being worked on now

Yeah I'd also have to agree on the open hi-hat. The verse is hella catchy, had me vibin! Maybe put another verse after the intro? For real though, I could put this in my itunes collection easy

Yea lookin back I shoulda at least used a different open hat, maybe one not as bright as the one I used. Thanks for listening, I'm glad you liked it! If you want, you can download it for free off my Soundcloud.

Yo man this is nice right here...and ya that hi hat is high...also maybe try de essing for some sibilance you have in certain spots...maybe a high pass filter..idk ive been really reading up on mixing vocals for my own good..i have the same problem sometimes with the hissing s's and popping p's...but make no mistake imam defff check your lp when it drops...I dig your last one...God is Dead..however I have a feeling your going with a different direction here...and I like it

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...feedback/new-song-right-about-now-f4f-464850/...
not really new...my new stuff is being worked on now

Yea I feel that, I actually talked to my mastering engineer and he also noticed the excessive sibilance and tried to work on it. I think the problem was that I added too much higher frequencies to the vocals to try to make them brighter (they were recorded on a vintage u87 with a vintage 1176 so they were very warm and not as bright as most modern rap vocals). The mastering engineer actually suggestedI boost on the vocals less and instead cut from the beat.

Thanks for listening, I will def take your advice and do some reading on mixing vocals. Any links or books you recommend?

I'm bout to check your track

Ya man ive been reading a lot of mixing techniques from propellerheads website....I use reason to make music and I just purchased reason 7 and a new computer with much balls....so im ready...but you can take what they say about vocal mixing and apply it to whatever you use

Ya man ive been reading a lot of mixing techniques from propellerheads website....I use reason to make music and I just purchased reason 7 and a new computer with much balls....so im ready...but you can take what they say about vocal mixing and apply it to whatever you use

That's wusup. I'ma go on the propellerhead website then and check it out. Thanks for the help man

Back